Applications for computing time on the JARA-HPC partition can be submitted by any scientist of RWTH Aachen University, Forschungszentrum Jülich or German Research School for Simulation Sciences (GRS) qualified in his or her respective field of research.
Prospective users can apply for computing time twice a year at defined periods of time.
The next computing time period will start on 01 May 2015 and will end on 30 April 2016.
Applications for this computing time period can now be submitted until 27 February 2015.
To apply for computing time on the JARA-HPC partition, please proceed as follows:
- First write a detailed project description, adhering to the guidelines on form, content and scope of project descriptions.
- Complete the electronic questionnaire and attach the project description as well as any additional documents to the questionnaire as pdf files.
- Within the questionnaire you are asked to complete an application form (project application). Please print out this project application, sign it and send it to the NIC coordination office.
Jülich Supercomputing Centre
You find information on how to use the JARA-HPC partition and on how computing time is allocated here.
Information on the JARA-HPC partition's computers (RWTH Compute Cluster, JUQUEEN and JURECA) is provided here.
Electronic questionnaire (online as of August 2015) to apply for computing time on
- RWTH Computer Cluster - Nehalem
- RWTH Computer Cluster - Westmere
- JUQUEEN (< 35 Mio. Core-h)
Guidelines on form, content and scope of project description
Please contact the NIC coordination office if you have further questions concerning the application.